Experiential Design / Task 3

07.04.2023 - 07.07.2023 (Week 1 - Week 14)
Abigail Kartika Darmowinoto / 0350525 / Bachelor of Design in Creative Media
Experiential Design / Taylor's University 
Task 3 : Creative Experience Design Project Prototype


    LIST


    INSTRUCTIONS
    <back to top>

    In this prototyping phase, we need to showcase our main feature of our AR application. no need full assets or full flow of the application, just the main, primary feature.


    PROGRESSION

    Turns out I decided to not choose any story from the Grimm Brothers XD I decided with the very classic and mainstream one, Jack and The Beanstalk. So I started to make a sketch of the story. I want to make the story to be short, without many words, thus I decided to go with the points only.

    Afterwards, I started to do the sketches and I come up with 12 pages story, and here's my sketches:

    For the prototyping phase, I decided to make 1 of the page first, so from those 12 pages, I decided a page and started to paint it using procreate: (left)

    Then I add it as image target in vuforia, but only got 1 star????:))) So I decided to recolor it again with mote contrast color combination. Finally got 4 stars. (right)


    After that, I import it as a photoshop file and open in Photoshop, so I can import layers to files easily, and thus, I got my assets:

    Started off not really from the scratch, I used my previous exercise file and replace the image target and the cube. But before that, I tested with the cube first, whether it's appearing or not. It appears!

    Means everything is fine, and thus I move forward. So this is top view of the image target and target.
    First, I tried with 1 sprite and place it somewhere in the image target, this is how it looks:

    Moving forward to create more scenes, and here're some screenshots.

    And after I finish all the assets placement, I started to animate it. I'm planning to make a button that can turn on/ off the animation, so I made a button similar like toggle on and off in iPhone. After that, I also started to make the UI, first I make the UI of landing page, and the homepage. So here's my submission for the prototyping:

    SUBMISSION



    FEEDBACKS

    Can add music/ bgm


      REFLECTION 

      I somewhat feel anxious since I'm not using any 3D assets, only like a pop-up book, but back again, it's a pop-up book, and also sir said it's okay as long as I play with the layers, so I guess I'm good. Not really much feature, but it takes a long time to work on it. I feel like I need to add more so it has more plus point, but I'm not sure what to add and I don't have much time left for the submission, so that's all I can do.

      Comments

      Popular posts from this blog

      How to Create Jump Link