DESIGN PORTFOLIO / 24.Interlude


22.04.2024 - 08.12.2023 (Week 1 - Week 16)
Abigail Kartika Darmowinoto / 0350525 / Bachelor of Design in Creative Media
Design Portfolio / Taylor's University 
Design Portfolio


    LIST

    INSTRUCTIONS


    DESIGN TEAM PROGRESSION

    - Design Team Journal -
    Week 1:
    • Decided to go to the design team, because compared to other teams, I'm more familiar with designing.
    • Looking for some references and moodboard for the exhibition.
    • Defining "Who Are We?"
    • I donated some of my idea for the design approach, dvd gallery (being your ow star concept), vintage, and retro futurism style.

    • We did a meeting:
    Note:
      • Concept Research : - visual styling / reference, naming (2-3 ideas)
      • What represent u guys as a group
      • Key artwork - logo - presentation board (A1) - invitation - booklet - social media guidelines 
      • decoration
    Progression:
      • Defined some concepts through Discord discussion
      • Finalized with 2 ideas : CD gallery and Risograph
      • Give some title ideas
    Another student feedbacks, they want the design to be more like this:

    Week 2:
    • Decided to go with idea 1 and 2, but combine both. Idea 2:

    • Decided on "24 Interlude", and it's about:
    • "BurnOut Guide" Seminar
    • We did a meeting:
    Note:
      • Work for the logo and KV. 
    Progression:
      • Did several attempts for the logo, and the KV:



    During the session in class, they all still not okay with our logo and KV. So I came up to join the KV team, and add some more idea to it. My initial idea was showcasing some 2000s stuffs on the table, like this (fun fact I also learnt a trick on creating semi-realistic looking CD):

    I think they kinda like my idea, but they want more exploration for idea 1. I did several explorations for the KV background:

    They like the most right one, but they asked to make it a bit lighter:

    They ok with the idea, and the logo team also have their logo process, and after several feedbacks, they came up with the new logo (black background):

     

    Turns out, another week, they suddenly not ok with the KV, lol. So they prefer my 2nd design of the KV to be used, so I did several attempts to finalized it:

    Moving it into assets:

    After defining the very very final KV, we proceed on the merch:
    We separate our ways; 


    To be honest, during this process, I was so surprised when they started to design something a bit apart from the KV, suddenly have that disc character on it, and everyone just ok with it and just proceed with it. It seems funny to me, because usually once it's already finalized, you cannot change anything and have to stick with the direction :)

    I'm doing the postcards, and after it's finalized, I help other member to make stickers, and then proceeding to the digital invitations, so here're my designs:


    For digital invitation:


    Then moving forward to the presentation board, booklet, and decor. My task is doing the presentation board. (cannot preview file, file is too big)

    After that, on 9th-11th August we did our final year showcase, and I feel like it's a success. I get to connect with people, and people was enjoying the event so far.


    DIGITAL PORTFOLIO

    To create the digital portfolio, first thing we need to do is defining the style. My design approach is something not to minimalistic, and also I want to show that I'm a person who play with colors, but also I can do some corporate approach designs.

    I reference from one of my illustration I did for past semester, Design Principle, while doing a "Self-Portrait". It's pretty much by far one of my favorite illustration work (because I like to draw, however not really good on it). 


    I extracted the color and use it for my "personal branding," and came up with this designs:

    Name Card
    First Draft

    Since during the feedback Mr. Asrizal questioned why it's one sided only, and I saw other peers name card were double sided, I'm planning to do a bit of amendment. Also I noticed the footer font color is a bit difficult to read.

    Second Draft:

    Final: 
    p

    Resume
    First Draft

    I'm planning to make a resume that's ATS friendly, thus here's my attempt. I referenced it from several other ATS friendly resume:


    The feedback is, the second resume looks better, while the first one looked plain.

    Video Reels

    To create the digital portfolio, first thing we need to do is defining the style. My design approach is something not to minimalistic, and also I want to show that I'm a person who play with colors, but also I can do some corporate approach designs.

    I reference from one of my illustration I did for past semester, Design Principle, while doing a "Self-Portrait". It's pretty much by far one of my favorite illustration work (because I like to draw, however not really good on it). 


    I extracted the color and use it for my "personal branding," and came up with this designs:

    Name Card
    First Draft

    Since during the feedback Mr. Asrizal questioned why it's one sided only, and I saw other peers name card were double sided, I'm planning to do a bit of amendment. Also I noticed the footer font color is a bit difficult to read.

    Second Draft:

    Final: 

    Resume
    I'm planning to make a resume that's ATS friendly, thus here's my attempt. I referenced it from several other ATS friendly resume:


    The feedback is, the second resume looks better, while the first one looked plain.

    Video Reels


      REFLECTION 

      During this module, I've experienced significant growth, both personally and professionally. I learned the importance of teamwork, and I also discovered how to work more effectively on my own. This journey helped me gain deeper insights into my design style and understand myself better. Throughout the process, I encountered many ups and downs—moments when I felt confident in my designs and others when I was more insecure. 

      I also became more aware of my strengths and weaknesses, learning to set realistic expectations for myself. Reflecting on my previous work, I realized just how much progress I've made during my time at Taylor's BDCM. I am truly grateful for all the experiences and lessons this year has brought me.


        FEEDBACK 

        Week 1 : -

        Week 2 : 
        • Design Team
          • Maybe combine idea 1 with 2
          • Concept use idea 1, however can add 2nd idea aesthetics
          • To take note : if the color to bright will be too much, need to find dark contrasting color
          • Both ideas are workable however idea 1 more solid
        • Marketing Team

        Comments

        Popular posts from this blog

        How to Create Jump Link